Fort McMurray is no exception when it comes to a bevy of tantalizing restaurants serving unique dishes and flavorful cuisine. From traditional creations to more exotic dishes, you’re sure to have a culinary adventure when sampling the menus in Fort McMurray.
Fuji Japanese Restaurant will satisfy your craving for Japanese cuisine. Their extensive menu features an assortment of appetizers from deep-fried tofu to pan fried prawns and scallops. Perk up your palate with a bowl of Miso soup or seaweed or crab salad and follow with an order of Canadian salmon or tuna sashimi, spicy teriyaki or tempura rols New York steak and sushi. The restaurant offers dine in service, take out and delivery.
Customers leave Soleilki Japanese Restaurant fully satisfied. The appetizers alone are a meal with an assortment of wonton, spring rolls, wings, chicken or beef skewers or lobster tail. Hot pots, signature soups, barbeque, sashimi, specialty rolls and nigiri sushi are just a few of the selections to whet your appetite.
Earl’s is the “go to” place for good cooking and a diverse menu. Try the crispy dry ribs, Los Cabos chicken tacos, chicken wontons, chicken wings and baby calamari with a side of yam fries. It’s the place to be for a solid meal in a comfortable down-home atmosphere.
Atmosfere Restaurant has plenty of it, and more. Customers rate the restaurant as having excellent food and superior service. A creative menu satisfies the taste buds with rack of lamb at the top of the list followed by juicy tenderloin steak, prawns in a spicy coconut sauce, fresh calamari appetizer and palate pleasing raspberry-rhubarb cobbler for dessert.
At Wood Buffalo Brewing Co. guests combine the best of both worlds in delicious food and hand crafted beer. The result is a blending of food and beverage menus to please any palate. Choose from spicy deep south spicy Jambalaya, macadamia crusted salmon or bacon wrapped meatloaf accompanied by golden or pale ale or German lager.
Famous Canadian Foods
The short list below is just a sampling of foods Canadians enjoy the most according to survey taken by The Huffington Post.
- Poutine is a serving of crisp French fries with a coating of gravy and cheese curds.
- Maple syrup leads as both a supplier to the world and as a Canadian favorite.
- Canadian bacon and maple syrup are at the top of the list.
- Ketchup potato chips along with dill pickle chips are favorite snacks.
- Another tasty treat is the classic butter tart dessert.
- BeaverTails are a trademarked goodie found at local pastry stands. Fashioned to look like a beaver’s tail, the pastry is topped with assorted fruit, candy and chocolate.
- B.C. Pacific salmon is a favorite among restaurants across Canada.
- Oysters are available throughout Canada year-round making them a favorite of local restaurants.
- Nova Scotia is known for its lobster and why it’s a favorite and found on many menus.
For new residents moving into the area, Fort McMurray has plenty of places to go and things to do. When it comes to pleasing your taste buds with an assortment of culinary cuisines to suit any palate, finding a restaurant won’t be a problem.
- License: Royalty Free or iStock source: http://www.sxc.hu/photo/1180813
Don Stevens loves local food and restaurants in great places across the U.S. and Canada. He helps people discover new trends, restaurants, and offers tips in different cities. Traveling to different areas is a big help when you’re thinking about purchasing a home. He recommends Wood Buffalo Property Group for finding homes in the Fort McMurray area. They are helpful and always provide quality service to find the home of your dreams.