A flat belly is something that can give you confidence and a positive image. It can be a sign that you are living a healthy life. Although most people do exercises and workouts in order to trim down the stomach fats, diet can also play a very important role. Aside from diet and exercise, there are also certain things that you need to avoid like soda, sugar, and alcohol in order for you to shrink your stomach.
Here are some of the recommended fruits that you can include in your diet in order to trim down visible stomach fats.
Fruits for a Healthier Tummy
1. Avocado – This is the food of choice for people who want to have healthier tummies. This can be a magic fruit when it comes to burning fats. You can read more about this fruit here. Aside from its weight loss benefits, this fruit contains monosaturated fatty acids that can increase the fat oxidation in the belly. The added flavor can also be compatible with brownies, toast, pasta, and pudding.
2. Cucumbers – Cucumbers are known to contain about 95% water. It is full of calories that will not make you hungry for a long time. One of the benefits of eating cucumber is getting a flat stomach. This is because it does not bloat and it will allow the body to cool down. You can mix cucumber with your favorite salad or munch it with hummus.
3. Papaya – This tropical fruit is a great source of vitamins and minerals. It contains an enzyme called papain which helps digest the food in the stomach. This prevents bloating and inflammation in the body. This soft and fleshy fruit can act as an antioxidant in the body and it can be an effective fruit to include in the diet of people who want to lose weight.
4. Bananas – This fruit can be an afternoon snack and it is your best option since it is packed with potassium and healthy carbohydrates. Bananas can decrease bloating by regulating the level of sodium in the body. Banana can regulate the blood pressure, prevents stroke and help relax the blood vessels in the body. It also has a great flavor which makes a lot of people love this sweet yellow fruit.
5. Watermelons – This fruit is 80% water and is very rich in vitamins. This can remove excess sodium in the body which is one factor that makes the tummy bigger. Watermelons can be a thirst quenching fruit and it is loaded with vitamin C. The high-fluid content of the fruit can aid in your weight loss regime.
Avoid these Things for a Flatter Tummy
Now that you have an idea that nutrition is the key to abs and you now know the fruits that you should include in your diet in order to have a flat stomach, here are some unhealthy habits that you should avoid. You need to avoid these foods and activities in order for you to become more consistent in your efforts to have stomach abs.
The sheer presence of alcohol in the body can significantly reduce its metabolism process. As a result, many people will have the difficulty of burning stomach fats in their body. Alcohol tends to stay at the liver which is where most of the fats are. This will hinder the liver’s ability to produce more bile that digests unwanted fats. You can still have a wine or a beer but it should be once every two weeks or once a month.
2. Extreme Stress
If you are stressing too much at home or at work, your level of cortisol will rise. Cortisol is a kind of hormone that makes the body store more fats than ever particularly in the midsection of the body. You can take a vacation, chill, do yoga, or just learn how to push “pause” every time you are in a stressful situation.
3. Not Enough Exercise
Many people know that developing your muscles help faster burning of fats in the body. You can gain more muscles by doing cardiovascular exercises, jogging, and other activities that make you active. You can do resistance training that builds your muscles over time. It might be the right moment for you to hit the gym or start jogging every morning for a healthier body.
4. Not Enough Sleep
Sleeping is the body’s way of recuperating after a hard day’s work. If you don’t have enough sleep for a day, it can lead to weight gain in no time. The subcutaneous fat cells will be resistant to insulin as a result of fatigue. This can lead to a bloated stomach. This is why it is important to get at least 6 to 7 hours of sleep every night.
You have to watch your sugar intake. Sugar and other sweeteners can cause bloating and discomfort in the abdomen if you don’t watch your diet. Fructose is a kind of sugar that many people can’t digest. There are sugar alcohols such as mannitol and xylitol that are present in many chewing gums. You should avoid them as they can cause issues in the digestive system such as diarrhea and gassiness.