If you travel to various countries worldwide, you might want to try different cities’ local street food. Street food is not only finger-licking good, but it also allows us to learn more about a specific country and different peoples’ rich culture.
The good news is, you don’t have to travel far and wide to enjoy the mouth-watering taste of street food. We put together some of the best street food recipes worldwide to prepare at home.
Most of these recipes are quite easy to make, so are the ingredients readily available. Try them out and let your taste-buds do the traveling.
- Mexican Street Tacos
Tacos are popular street food in Mexico. Mexican tacos exist in chicken, steak, and vegetarian options. Street tacos can be made using grilled meat such as pork, beef, or chicken with an extra onion or cilantro topping.
- Mexican coleslaw or cabbage
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Cilantro lime sauce
- To make the creamy cilantro sauce, put all the ingredients together in a blender to achieve a smooth and creamy feel. The sauce is stored in the fridge till it’s ready to use.
- Grill the meat and sprinkle over spices into the meat. Gently massage over the meat to allow the seasonings to coat the meat easily. Grill the meat for about four to five minutes on each side and let it cool before slicing.
- Place the tortillas on a grill
- Fill the tortillas with the sliced steaks, chopped onions, shredded cabbages, avocado, and cilantro sauce.
- USA: Hot Dogs
Hot dogs are easy to make, and they don’t require unique ingredients and equipment to prepare at home.
- 2tbspns Vegetable oil
- 2medium onions
- 2tbspns honey
- ½ tbsp chili powder
- ¼ tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup water
- POne teaspoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- All-beef hotdogs
- Hotdog buns
- Put the ingredients together
- Add oil and onions into a saucepan and fry for five minutes till tender soft.
- Add in the honey, chili, and cinnamon. Continue to add hot sauce, ketchup, and pepper and set the sauce aside to cool.
- Bring the hotdogs to a boil for three to five minutes.
- Slice the bun and place the hotdogs. Add the onion sauce and serve immediately.
- Taiwan: Oyster Omelet
This delicious dish is easy to make and serves as a great breakfast option.
- 1tbspn ketchup
- 1tbspn sugar
- 1tbspn miso paste
- 1cup greens
- 2tbspn vegetable oil
- 2spring onions
- 2tbspn vegetable oil
- 15g rice noodles, rice sticks
- Mix the sugar, ketchup and miso paste together for the sauce.
- Soak the noodles in boiling water as you shred the greens. Drain the liquid from the oysters and cut them into two or three pieces each.
- Add vegetable oil in a skillet, put in your onions, and cook for a minute on medium heat. Drain off the rice sticks and put them in the pan as you pour out the eggs over the rice sticks.
- Add the oysters and greens as you press them over the eggs and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Flip over the omelet to cook on both sides, and once it has achieved the brown color, serve with some sauce toppings.