Too many people avoid making desserts at home because they think they will take too much time and require too many steps. Well, if you want to start making sweets, why not start with something simple? Tiramisu is a tasty dessert that you can actually whip up in a short amount of time. The best part about it is that it can sit in your fridge for days and taste better as time goes by! Below is a great tiramisu recipe that doesn’t require many steps or that much time.
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/8 cups mascarpone cheese
- 24 ladyfingers
- 1.5 cups brewed strong coffee
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- Use an electric mixer to combine the egg yolks, vanilla and sugar together until smooth. Once finished, use a spatula to fold in the mascarpone cheese. After this is fully combined with the yolk mixture, set the bowl aside.
- Pour the coffee into a large bowl and dip a few of the ladyfingers inside of it. Then place each of the coffee-coated ladyfingers into a greased 8×8 casserole baking dish. After the bottom of the dish is covered, spread the cheese mixture you made earlier on top of it. Make sure all the cookies are covered and then dip the rest of the ladyfingers into the coffee. Place these on top of the cheese mixture to create a new layer, and then spread the rest of the mascarpone mixture on top of those until it’s all gone.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a few hours. When you’re ready to eat, use a sifter to sprinkle the cocoa powder over each of the pieces. Enjoy with a nice cup of coffee or just how it is!
- The longer the dessert stays in the fridge, the softer the ladyfingers will get. If you like a softer tiramisu, then leave it in the fridge for a couple of days before you take the first bite. This will also allow the coffee to infuse in the cheese mixture more, so it will have a stronger flavor.
- Mix a little bit of your favorite rum with the coffee if you want to add a little bit of a kick. Just make sure you don’t add too much, or else you could end up with a dessert that is too strong for some people.
- Use a whisk or spoon in the first step if you don’t have an electric mixer. All you have to do is just make sure you mix everything well so that there are no more lumps or bumps left behind.
- The dessert doesn’t have to look perfect, so just have fun when you are making it. As long as you follow the directions it will turn out great and be your first step in making more food at home.
This simple recipe will help you make delicious tiramisu in no time. Hope you will like it!
- License: Royalty Free or iStock source: Fotolia
With years of experience making healthy and simple food at home, Bethenney contributes her advice to 2Yum.Me. This website is packed full of recipes, reviews of the best pasta makers, advice about eating healthy and even cooking tips!