With the holiday season upon us, many are seeking out great recipes to serve our guests. Punch is a terrific beverage that anyone can enjoy. Often set out on the banquet table, it has a cheery look and promotes a sense of socialization. People gather around and ladle out the sweet liquid while catching up on the latest gossip.
There are many ways to make a punch, some alcoholic and some not. In this article we are going to stay family friendly and provide you with a nonalcoholic best holiday punch recipe. Read on to find out how to make it and other great tips.
Best Holiday Punch Recipe
· 2 liters ginger ale
· 4 cups cranberry juice
· 2 cups pineapple juice
· 2 tsp. almond extract
1. Pour cranberry juice, pineapple juice, and almond extract into a large drink dispenser. Mix.
2. Pour in ginger ale and give it a quick stir.
3. Add ice and cranberries as a garnishment if desired.
4. Serve immediately. (Ginger ale can go flat, so the sooner you serve it the better.)
Note: This recipe will make a good amount of punch, but if you’re throwing a smaller party, you can alter the ingredients you use accordingly. Just keep them in proportion.
Can I Add Alcohol?
Yes, the punch will taste good with vodka or rum added. The amount you add is up to you, but keep in mind that guests can be caught off guard and drink too much too quickly due to the sweet taste. Therefore, it is best to keep alcohol content minimal.
Here are some other tips to keep in mind when making your punch.
· Use High Quality Juices: It’s best to use 100% juice products to provide a better taste. However, 100% cranberry juice will make the punch too tart.
· Use Chilled Ingredients: It’s a good idea to chill your soda and juice beforehand. Then you can add less ice later so the drink won’t be as diluted.
· Don’t Stir Too Much: Excessive stirring will cancel out the carbonation.
· Garnish It: Garnishing the punch will make it look and taste better. For this recipe, limes or cranberries are ideal.
Should I Add Sugar?
Adding sugar will give the punch a sweet taste. However, there is already sugar in the punch from the juice. To make sure you don’t overdo it, use Stevia instead. It ‘s all-natural and it has fewer carbs and calories than sugar does.
NOW Foods started out in the natural food and supplement industry in the 1940s and has built a trustworthy reputation. Their Stevia Instant Tabs contains pure Stevia extract that is sourced from the leaves of the Stevia plant. It contains no calories, it’s vegetarian, and gluten free, and it will give your punch a great sweet taste.
Now you have the best holiday punch recipe to serve your guests. What else will you be bringing to the table?