You may not have heard about CBD till now, but very soon you will. This popular food supplement has been making rapid inroads on the health scene, just about everywhere and especially in cooking. CBD is made from the cannabis flower and stands for cannabidiol oil.
CBD oil should be used in small amounts at the beginning. Stick with the hemp seed varieties as they have little or no CBD content but are still rich in nutrients that are beneficial to health. You can buy the product online or through numerous outlets where you can find CBD hemp oil in the UK without impurities or chemicals. Here are some mouth-watering CBD-infused recipes that you can try during your next cooking session.
Salads and beverages
The best way to start off with your CBD cooking course is with something you are familiar with, like CBD oil as a salad topping or adding a few drops to your favourite coffee or to a smoothie recipe. These are all simple ways to nourish the body. Some popular CBD oil recipes are:
- CBD fresh mint tea.
- CBD mango smoothie
- CBD Mezcal Margarita
- CBD Camomile Tea Latte
- Iced tea with CBD
- CBD oil hazelnut hot chocolate
These snacks are perfect for an afternoon titbit along with all the benefits of CBD oil:
- CBD Bliss Balls
- CBD brownies
- CBD Caramel Sauce
- CBD chocolate mousse
- CBD peanut butter cookies
- CBD Semifreddo
Another way of incorporating CBD oil is by applying on toast with butter, or in your cooking in:
- CBD oil pizza
- CBD on toast with honey and cashew ricotta
- CBD infused butter
- CBD guacamole
- CBD brown butter with burnt carrots
With the expansion in the cannabis market a wide range of comfort foods are available. The heady combination of the two makes for the ultimate recipe which has numerous health benefits such as:
- Makes you feel good
- For self medication
- Special occasions
- Counter depression and anxiety
When attempting to create comfort foods infused with CBD it is important to use the best and fresh ingredients, as poor quality foods will not offer the same nutritional value. Some awesome CBD infused comfort recipes are:
- CBD infused Mac & Cheese: Ingredients include, macaroni 1lb, 2 tbsp CBD oil, 2 tbsp flour, ½ cup green onions (sliced), 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp ground pepper, 2 cups whole milk, 5 cups grated cheddar cheese.
- Cook the macaroni as per directions.
- Heat the CBD oil and add the onions and saute till soft in the skillet.
- Warm the milk over medium heat
- Add milk and flour to the skillet and whisk thoroughly
- Add four cups of cheese and whisk continuously
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add the cooked macaroni to the mixture and stir thoroughly
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and bake in the oven at 375°F for 25 minutes.
- Garnish and serve.
- CBD infused chicken soup:
- Ingredients include, 2 tbsp CBD oil, 8 oz dried egg noodles, 10 cups chicken stock, thyme sprigs, 3 sliced carrots, one bay leaf, 2 celery stalks, 3 garlic cloves, one white onion chopped, 2 cups shredded chicken, and spices to taste.
- Heat the oil in a pot and add bay leaf, celery, onions, carrots, and garlic. Stir over medium heat for ten minutes.
- Add spices and stir occasionally
- Once the mix is soft remove the thyme and bay leaf.
- Add chicken stock and bring the mix to boil. Add noodles and cook till soft.
- Add chicken and stir for 3 minutes
- Enjoy the homemade soup.