Whether you live in NYC or you’re just visiting, the city is home to some of the greatest chefs and best food the world has to offer–and you shouldn’t be quick to pass it up. If you’re in the mood for some great eats, then check out this awesome NYC food bucket list for some fresh ideas and places you may not have heard about through the grapevine.
- The Recession Special from Gray’s Papaya is a delicious double-dog like no other. It’s only about five bucks, and the topping has a distinct flavor with garlic and onions.
- If you’ve never had octopus, then it’s time to get adventurous. The grilled octopus at Taverna Kyclades is slathered with olive oil and lemon and is a lot more sumptuous than similar fare you’ll get someplace else.
- Try the pierogi at Veselka in East Village if you’ve never had them before. If the option is available, go with the short rib special.
- What’s life without dessert? The chocolate chip cookies available from Levain Bakery will leave your mouth watering both before and after. Just be prepared to stand in long lines to get your fix.
- The spicy cumin lamb noodles from Xi’an Famous Foods are a delicacy you won’t find anywhere else. The lamb-noodle combo is seasoned with no fewer than thirty different spices. Yum!
- If you’re in the mood for pizza, then you could do no better than grabbing a pie from Di Fara Pizza, where Dom DeMarco works his magic.
- If you want something a little different, then check out Totonno’s Pizzeria Napolitano. The crispy thin crust pizzas have been called the best in the world.
- If you’re looking for comfort food done just right, then try the Chicken Hash at 21 Club. If you’re in a different kind of mood, then knock a few back after your food is served.
- You can’t leave NYC without trying a slice of cheesecake from Junior’s. You’ve never had a dessert as sweet as this.
- If you’ve never heard of the cronut, then you’re in for something extra special. This croissant-donut offered by Chef Dominique Ansel in the Dominique Ansel Bakery is one of the most creative breakfast-desserts you’ll ever have the honor to taste.
Everyone love Italian, and no food bucket list would be complete without Tra Di Noi’s Lasagna alla Bolognese. If you love meat and traditional Italian food, then this is the place for you.