Whether you live in a city on the water or you’re just visiting for vacation, you might as well take advantage of what any such city has to offer. Tampa is a great place for those who seek a wide variety of options for dining experiences along the water. No matter what you’re in the mood for, you can find something you’ll enjoy. Here are the top 5 waterfront restaurants where you can find great food in Tampa.
- The Yacht Starship is a restaurant on the water–not just alongside the water. If you’re in the mood for some awesome views of the city while you enjoy a seasonally-changing menu, then this is something you’d enjoy. In addition to that, you can take the time to dance while you’re there. Even if you don’t love the food (you will), you’ll never forget the night out. Keep in mind, though, that this is a cruise, and you’ll only have a few options for dinner.
- What better place to enjoy sushi than on the water? Jackson’s Bistro Bar & Sushi has what you’re after, and helps add some extra flavor to the already great variety of restaurants in Tampa, Florida. If sushi isn’t your thing, you can find more traditional fare–like steak. The establishment offers a buffet for Sunday brunch, but expect it to be extremely busy.
- If you’re more in the mood for something a little lighter, then check out the Sono Cafe for some coffee and sandwiches. If you’re in a drinking mood, you’ll find a great selection of craft beer and cocktails. The best part? The scenery around the cafe is beautiful. If you’re in the area, this is not to be missed.
- Spend the day along the Tampa Riverwalk alongside Garrison Channel, and stop in at the Columbia Cafe. The Spanish-themed restaurant offers a wide variety of soups, salads, tapas, sandwiches, entrees, and a few common desserts.
- Ulele is an experience all its own. You’ll find the restaurant at the north end of the Tampa Riverwalk, and you probably won’t find much that you were expecting. It takes its name from the Native American princess and provides dishes using local ingredients to create some truly unique dishes. Here are just a few options you’ll find right now on their seasonal menu: alligator hush puppies, okra fries, native chili, and Karson’s jalapeno corn beer muffins. If trying out new taste combinations isn’t something you enjoy, then Ulele probably isn’t for you. Even so, the restaurant is very highly rated.